Spark 5G Race Zone is a free 60-minute experience, showcasing how Spark 5G and Emirates Team New Zealand work together to put the team at the leading edge of technology and sailing.
Explore seven immersive zones to see how the team have used Spark 5G to train, practice, refine and develop Te Aihe, the first AC75 sailboat in the world. Discover how everything from weather conditions to engineering refinements come together to create a cutting-edge racing team. You can pose for a photo to show your support as the team prepare for the 36th America’s Cup.
How to get there
- Spark 5G Race Zone is in Wynyard Quarter inside the Emirates Team New Zealand Base. View Race Zone on Google Maps
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your booking to ensure registration is complete before you enter. You do not need to have a printed copy of your ticket.
Who can visit
Spark 5G Race Zone is open to the public, but you must book ahead. Children aged 16 and under are required to have a parent or guardian accompany them.
How to book
- You must book ahead on our website to visit Spark 5G Race Zone. We take pre-booked groups of 10 or less into Race Zone every 15 minutes.
- We understand that things change and if you can no longer make your booking, please reschedule via the home page of your mobile site or in our Spark 5G Race Zone emails.
- During the school term, you can book ahead for school groups to visit. Please email 5Gracezone@spark.co.nz to make a request.
- Spark 5G Race Zone provides an educational programme for school groups that includes access to a large meeting space, activities and speakers.
- A minimum number of 20 students is required for a school booking. Bookings must be made by a teacher, principal or school representative.
- We provide free locker storage for schools and groups.
- During school terms, Spark 5G Race Zone is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 4pm until late March 2020.
- During school holidays Spark 5G Race Zone is open seven days a week.
Opening hours are subject to change without notice. Spark 5G Race Zone is closed on Christmas Day.
Parking and transport
- There is 30 minutes of free parking available near Auckland Fish Market. After that time it’s $4 per hour at the parking machine located in the corner of the car park near the courtyard entrance. Wynyard Quarter offers on street wheelchair-friendly and Electric Vehicle parking.
- There are plenty of Bus, Train and Ferry routes that can get you here. Once you arrive in Britomart, we’re a 15 minute stroll along Auckland’s waterfront. Walk along Quay street towards the ferry terminal, past the Viaduct and over the Wynyard Quarter bridge to Emirates Team New Zealand Base.
Accessibility and safety
Spark 5G Race Zone is a dark space with ambient lighting. It may not be a suitable space for persons with poor sight, epilepsy, motion sickness or any medical condition that could be made worse in response to flashing lights or 3D motion.
- This space is suitable for wheelchairs, however, there is no space for prams or trolleys, and we ask that you please don’t bring them inside.
- We also ask that you don’t bring food or drink into the space.
If you have a particular question about your visit, please email 5Gracezone@spark.co.nz
We look forward to having you!